Thursday, February 12, 2009

Anyone Else Want to Shoot Me?

So there are some wonderful things about being pregnant. And I'm sure if you give me a few minutes I could tell you what they are :)

No, really though. What I don't necessarily enjoy about being pregnant is the fact that I have turned into a total trainwreck emotionally. Seriously. Sometimes I scare myself. And that's pretty bad. Songs on the radio and commercials can cause hysterical tears. Having a piece of trash fall on the floor instead of into the garbage can can cause me to freak out. I can go from absolutely normal to B**** Beth in a heartbeat. And the absolute worst part about it is: I can't control any of it. And the tears are by far the worst. It's like all of a sudden (yes, ALL of it) my world is falling apart. And 7 minutes later I am fine. And I really wish all of you who are pregnant, or have been in the past would quit telling me this is normal. Rationally, I know that. Hormonally, it makes me want to scream. Lots of things are normal when you're pregnant. But some of them drive me crazy regardless.

On a lighter note however, we have our 20 week (well, 19 and a half) sonogram coming up in March. Totally excited about that. And no, we haven't changed our minds about finding out boy or girl. And the more you try to talk us into it, the more we really don't want to know.

And on a completely different subject, (yes, I also think I've developed ADD) I'm anxiously awaiting being able to feel baby move around. After watching the last sonogram, I'm surprised I haven't felt anything yet. Little one looks like a gymnast in there. They keep telling me any time in the next two weeks. And while everyone and their brother has decided to describe what I should be waiting for, I'm still not sure I will recognize it the first time I feel it. Yes, I am aware that everyone else thinks you can't miss it, but I'm not yet convinced. For all I know, I felt it yesterday and have no clue.

But I finally feel like I am as excited about this baby as everyone else is. At first I was just overwhelmed with everything that went along with being pregnant. Now that I am finally getting into the swing of this, I'm excited to plan out a nursery and buy furniture and paint rooms (or convince family members to do it for me.)

So yes, I know this was random. But I thought I would give you all a glimpse inside everything that has been happening in the last couple of weeks. And after all of these crazy emotional swings, I can definitely say, "I'm looking forward to the day when I will be able to have a great big margarita."


1 comment:

indywriter said...

I know you don't want to hear how this is normal, but...

When I was pregnant with Miss B, there was an animated commercial on for some laundry detergent with wrinkle reducer. The commercial had an iron who sat in front of a front loading washing machine and cried. Little tears came out the steam vents in the bottom of the iron and Mr. Lonely played in the background. I balled every time that stupid commercial came on tv. I felt so sorry for the iron. Some people thought this was hilarious. I knew it was crazy, but every time I still cried.

Have you had any vivid dreams yet? I don't remember them so much with Miss B, but with the little one they were very real feeling. And quite blood-soaked too. I never figured that out.