Monday, January 19, 2009

Pregnancy Induced What?

Neat. I hate being sick. And I've been so lucky up to this point. No horrible morning sickness, no evening sickness and even incredibly spicy foods don't give me indigestion. No, I've been struck by something I consider much worse: pregnancy-induced compromised immune system. In effect, while all pregnant women have a slightly compromised immune system (wouldn't want our immune systems to attack baby) mine seems to be a little more problematic than that. In fact, I got an infected lymph node behind my ear and a viral infection in my gums all at the same time. No problem says my doctor, we will put you on some antibiotics and some antivirals. You should be as good as new. Then I manage to come down with a cold that feels like it is turning into a sinus infection. Not cool. I can't go back on antibiotics right away. Now I have another spot in my mouth that hurts behind my teeth. I just want to drink Anbesol. I hope that this doesn't last for the next 6 months. I suppose it could be worse...but I hate the fact that there isn't ANYTHING I can do about it. Sigh...

No comments: