Monday, March 9, 2009

Today's Halfway...

Sure is folks. Not really sure when it snuck up on me, but it's here. It's really hard to fathom the fact that the entire first half of my pregnancy is over. It doesn't seem like 5 months.

Of course, the really hard thing to imagine about being halfway there, is the fact that there is only half left. I should really be at least half prepared for this baby right? Wrong. I feel like I have barely gotten started. I'm just hoping at this point that the baby has a room to sleep in. And maybe some furniture. I'm not sure it's a good idea to just leave the baby in the middle of the floor because all you managed to accomplish in 40 weeks was emptying out the room that would someday become a nursery.

And on a less than energetic note, baseball has started. No, not real baseball. Little league. Don't get me wrong, I love baseball. I love watching the kids play. I'm not one of those crazy parents who gets all worked up about it though. For the most part, I could care less if the kids win or lose. The problem with baseball is that it is more than just practice and some games. It's all of the crap that goes into preparing a team, and the coaches (which of COURSE my wonderful husband has to do) and the phone calls and phone calls and phone calls followed by meetings followed by phone calls. This is the part of the baseball experience I am not in love with. Bring on the nachos, this could be a long season. See, I've never been pregnant during baseball season before. And I am not always the most patient of people when it comes to baseball. I strongly dislike when everything else gets postponed or pushed off because of baseball. I'm figuring this won't be a good year for me to be a baseball mom. Because there is SO MUCH to get done, and by the time baseball is over, this baby will be ready to head on into the world. So I'm wondering when and how everything can get done. (And yes, my phone is actually ringing about baseball as I type this.)

What I am looking forward to is going home for a week in April. Mom is flying me home to Philadelphia to spend a week at her house. Thank God for wonderful families who are willing to provide nurturing and care for their pregnant overworked loved ones. I am eternally grateful. It's even better than a regular vacation. Plus, I get to see my family (the vast majority of which I wish I could see more often).

And that is the current state of things in my head and house.

1 comment:

K said...

I know it seems impossible, but one day you will wake up DETERMINED to become completely ready- and things will just start happening! Congratulations on making it this far- it's only a matter of weeks before you reach that magic word: viability! :)