Saturday, March 7, 2009

We're Having A...



Baby.

Yep, it's a baby alright. And we have the pictures to prove it. We had our 19 week ultrasound this week and got to see our precious little one. I'm continuously amazed at the technology of having a baby. Those 4D ultrasounds are absolutely astonishing when it comes to seeing the details of such a tiny little life. We got to check out all of the fingers and toes. How cute! And they even checked the baby for cataracts. Like I said, AMAZING.

Good news for us, the baby did not roll over towards the camera. We are still wanting to be surprised by what we are having and the little one cooperated. While I was slightly disappointed that we didn't get a front face view, it was so cute to see the baby rubbing the side of its face that it didn't matter.

I'm still a little nervous about the pace that the preparations are taking. While things are starting to move along, there is still so much to be done. Baby got its first present in the mail yesterday, and I realized that I really don't have a place set aside to put that stuff. The office is currently residing in two rooms instead of just one, and the "someday nursery" is full of guitars and books. Not that long ago it felt like I had all the time in the world to take care of these things, and now the pressure is finally starting. The deadline doesn't feel like some distant day in the future anymore. July will be here before I know it.

One last topic for this blog update, I finally bought and started wearing maternity clothes this week. Honestly, you would think that no one ever gets pregnant in the middle of Indiana, because maternity clothes are not easy to find. But I finally found some that I will wear in public. And then my mom and aunts helped out by sending me a whole box of stuff in the mail. Gotta love that.

So as you can see (well, read...) there has been a lot going on in the last week or so. And I'm sure that things won't slow down a whole lot anytime soon. Next time I will try to tell you all about my fun experience with the NP at my doctor's office.

No comments: